Here is the list from the White House of President Obama's 23 executive orders or executive actions he will take on gun control. While these measures do not look all that harmful to the in wording below, remember, this is essentially a White House press release and what you read below is not the actual language of the executive orders the President will take. No one will get to see those until they are a done deal.
Check out the list below with our snide commentary on some in bold:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. What, that isn't available already?
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system. So you mean bribes and pork funded with taxpayer money?
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. Adam Lanza was a dangerous person and he found a way to get his mothers legal guns.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. Where do you think they could go with this? Will "provide guidance" turn into, "do what we say or else!"
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. Thanks guys, but there are lot of programs like this already around the country and the NRA is doing a fine job of it. BTW, criminals are not interested in responsible gun ownership.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). Don't like the wording of this at all. When will the word "review" turn into some arbitrary draconian law?
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations. Here again, don't law enforcement officials do this already?
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement. And what will you do when stolen guns are found in the commission of most gun crimes? Will you rescind the assault weapons ban? Probably not.
11. Nominate an ATF director. We're sure it will be a Socialist just like most of Obama's appointees.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. Stay out of the line of fire when nutcases are shooting at you.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. This is about as vague as where the President was really born and what he did in college. Hold on to your hat, folks, this could mean anything!
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. Gun crime is a disease? Since when?
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies. How much more effective could a trigger lock and a locked gun cabinet be? Stupid idea.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. It should because it really isn't any of their business.
17. Release a letter to health-care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law-enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. Will liberals ask, "what if the resource officer is a whacked out child molester" like they did when the NRA suggested having armed guards in schools?
19. Develop model emergency-response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental-health services that Medicaid plans must cover. It takes an executive frickin order to write a simple letter? This just shows how inefficient our government is.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental-health-parity regulations.
23. Launch a nationalÂ dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health. And how much say will the pharmaceutical industries that rake in billions in profit from feeding kids psychotropic drugs have in this bogus "dialouge"?