Now We KNOW: Obama Knew “Within Minutes” That Benghazi Was a Terrorist Attack

January 14, 2014 12:21 pmViews: 6523

Hillary and Obama lied about Benghazi


President Barack Hussein Obama really can't get away with the Benghazi lie any longer. Newly released declassified testimony reported by Fox News shows that just minutes after the attack on our consulate in Benghazi Libya that killed ambassador Christopher Stevens and 3 others, all the top civilian and military defense officials, including President Obama knew that attack was a terrorist attack.

This was not a protest. This was not a spontaneous reaction to a hateful anti-Muslim video, that Hillary Clinton brazenly told families of the dead it was. This was a planned and well carried out terrorist attack with 60 or more members of a terrorist group. This was an all out assault on our consulate and nothing else.

Christopher Stevens was the first American Ambassador killed in the line of duty since 1979 and despite the fact that all involved knew he, and 3 other Americans, were killed by terrorists, the lie was perpetuated by Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama that this was the result of a video and a protest.

Now, is Congress going to do anything about this? Who will take the lead and prosecute those responsible for this egregious lie fed to Congress and the American people for months? And who is going to uncover the truth about why our consulate was attacked?

Read more below on this from Fox News:

Minutes after the American consulate in Benghazi came under assault on Sept. 11, 2012, the nation's top civilian and uniformed defense officials -- headed for a previously scheduled Oval Office session with President Obama -- were informed that the event was a "terrorist attack," declassified documents show. The new evidence raises the question of why the top military men, one of whom was a member of the president's Cabinet, allowed him and other senior Obama administration officials to press a false narrative of the Benghazi attacks for two weeks afterward.

Gen. Carter Ham, who at the time was head of AFRICOM, the Defense Department combatant command with jurisdiction over Libya, told the House in classified testimony last year that it was him who broke the news about the unfolding situation in Benghazi to then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The tense briefing -- in which it was already known that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens had been targeted and had gone missing -- occurred just before the two senior officials departed the Pentagon for their session with the commander in chief.

According to declassified testimony obtained by Fox News, Ham -- who was working out of his Pentagon office on the afternoon of Sept. 11 -- said he learned about the assault on the consulate compound within 15 minutes of its commencement, at 9:42 p.m. Libya time, through a call he received from the AFRICOM Command Center.

"My first call was to General Dempsey, General Dempsey's office, to say, 'Hey, I am headed down the hall. I need to see him right away,'" Ham told lawmakers on the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation on June 26 of last year. "I told him what I knew. We immediately walked upstairs to meet with Secretary Panetta."

Related Posts For You:

Tags: