Recent emails obtained by Reuters prove that the White House and State Department officials were informed a mere two hours after the terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens. The Executive Office of the President was included in the emails about the attack on Sept. 11 by a radical Islamic militant that claimed responsibility. So with this new revelation, there is absolutely no way President Obama did not know about the attack and did not know it was directly related to terrorism.
President Obama, Joe Biden, UN Ambassador Susan Rice and Press Secretary Jay Carney as well as unnamed others all knew exactly what was going on immediately after the attack on the Consulate in Libya, but instead purposely and willfully mislead and lied to reporters, as did the Vice President during the debate and to the American public at large.
Here is the timeline of the emails as reported by Reuters:
The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time - or 10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission allegedly began - carried the subject line "U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" and the notation "SBU", meaning "Sensitive But Unclassified."
The text said the State Department's regional security office had reported that the diplomatic mission in Benghazi was "under attack. Embassy in Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well."
The message continued: "Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four ... personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support."
A second email, headed "Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi" and timed 4:54 p.m. Washington time, said that the Embassy in Tripoli had reported that "the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi had stopped and the compound had been cleared." It said a "response team" was at the site attempting to locate missing personnel.
A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: "Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack."
So far we have no comment from the President or Press Secretary Jay Carney. See the CBS News video below: